Monday, January 24, 2011

22/1/2011 Ek minute Bhaiyya

Me and sis were in the parking lot at Lifestyle, leaving. A girl with a Scooty has parked her vehicle perpendicular to the remaining lot of 30 odd bikes. 30 bikes in a row, she comes in and parks it bang opposite. The parking attendant runs to her and politely says "Madam, park straight please." The girl says "I have some billing issue, I'll get it checked and come back". Attendant says slightly sterner "No madam, it is blocking". And turns to us for some moral support.
Oooops, I realized I was staring at the mini-drama, gave the dude an embarrassed shrug and turned around. By then, the girl passed me by, looking over her shoulder and telling the attendant, " Ek minute bhaiyya, I'll be back".
And he was left spluttering. And I was looking at him, totally blank faced. I could not believe she walked away.
For one, where there's a rule of parking, you don't break it.
Two, if you make the mistake and some poor soul asks you to correct it, you correct it.
Three, you never walk away after making the mistake and hope a smile makes it ok.
I was embarrassed. Honestly. What made the girl think she could walk away. Some people take so much for granted. It would affect the guard, others would have trouble taking out their bikes, her billing issue won't take just one minute. How can one have no consideration for others. How can one walk away when another is still talking to you.
Its just not done. Is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment