Monday, January 24, 2011

24/1/11 Namma BSNL

Tring Tring. The landline rings. It takes me a second to recognise a ring that doesn't sound like a movie song, but sounds like an actual telephone ring.
Tring Tring.
Me: Hello
Dude on Phone: Hello, we are calling from BSNL.You have a Internet connection?
Me: Yes, tell me.
DoP: Can I speak to someone who uses the internet?
Me: Go ahead.
DoP: Is there someone around who uses the internet?
This is weird, just because I am a woman and speaking in Kannada, he seems to have assumed I don't/ cant use the net. I don't even want to tell him now that "Yes, I use the net"
Me(in a mean tone) : Tell me.
DoP: So, you use the internet?

Nope, not responding to that mister. Silence.
DoP: We have launched a new website called ...., I want to speak about it.
Me: I'll check out ..., thanks.
and I put the phone down. grrrrrrrr.
How hard was it for him to figure out that a woman at home in the middle of the day can use the internet!! I still can't figure out, why he was so reluctant to give the info. Even if all he had reached before me was housewives who would pass on the phone to net savvy people, I still felt offended.
Not in this time and age.

No comments:

Post a Comment